Monday, July 20, 2009

What I Think Of: Merlin's Shop Of Mystical Wonders (1996)

Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders. Where do I begin? Well first, I'll just let you know that I watched this via Mystery Science Theater 3000, and like any MST3K viewing, I'm watching it to see what kind of cinematic torture my brain can handle. Needless to say, I was shocked to see that this god awful film came out in 1996, cause it looks like a bad 80's movie. The plot? Umm, I'm still working on that. Oh wait, I've got it. Ernest Borgnine, the "star" of the film plays a Grandfather telling his grandson about how Merlin from Arthurian legend opens up a shop of, you guessed it, Mystical Wonders, in order to bring magic and wonder back to the modern era. How does Merlin do this? By letting loose pure demonic evil onto two families, in two separate, horrific stories told by Ernest. This cesspool of a flick was written, directed, and produced by one Kenneth J. Berton, who has not written, directed, or produced anything since. Quite frankly, the world is better off because of that fact. This is the worst of the worst, and only should be watched via MST3K, to get the most enjoyment out of it. Like all MST3K films, watch at your own risk!

-Greg

No comments: