Sunday, July 26, 2009

What I Think Of: The Simpsons Movie (2007)

You all know the theme. You all know the characters. You all know that the word "DO'H" is in the English Dictionary now. What more can really be said about one of the most popular series ever on Television, if not the most popular. The Simpsons are still going strong today, after so many seasons on FOX. Eventually, they pretty much had to make a movie, and this 2007 release was it. Mind you, I have not actually watched the Simpsons TV show for a while now, as the newer comedy styling of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, & Maggie cannot compare to the first...I'd say 10-11 seasons of the show. Needless to say, I was looking forward to this movie back in 2007, and it really didn't disappoint. After watching it again this past Friday, I probably laughed as hard yesterday as I did in the movie theater back in 2007. For the most part, the plot is actually well crafted in "Simpsonian" style, pretty much making it literally what the title suggests, being The Simpsons Movie. With it's grandiose story line, I felt that this was a very good representation of what a Simpsons movie would and should be like, touching on classic movie type scenarios yet not stopping to poke fun at them either. Overall, if you're a fan of the Simpsons, like me, and even if you haven't watched the show in forever, like me, I do highly recommend this film to you. It is, as Mr. Burns would say, excellent.

-Greg

No comments: