Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trailer Talkback - Trailer Rundown

It's Oscar time as this Sunday brings the world the 82nd Annual Academy Awards. As we finally bid adieu to the movie year that was 2009, I thought I'd take the time to showcase some movie trailers that have me most excited for 2010. Enjoy.

The Losers (release April 23rd)

Here is the action-espionage film based on the 2003 Vertigo comics series of the same name by Andy Diggle and Jock. Frankly I can't wait to see this movie. The characters look like they just stepped from the comic page, the trailer shows wonderful action, humor and it's got Zoe Saldana, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Chris Evans, what more needs to be said. My one hope is that this movie does well because I would love to see some sequels, although the movie does look like it covers the entire 32 issue comic series. Check out the trailer below.






A-Team (release June 11th)

Who doesn't remember and look fondly on the original A-Team NBC show that ran 5 seasons from 1983-1986. I just find it funny that the powers that be have finally decided to release an A-Team movie the same year that The Losers is being released when both movies look roughly the same, but yeah this one's got Liam Neeson so bam, that's enough for me. I wonder if the nostalgia factor will push this movie through to a big box office win, but I for one cannot wait for this action pack walk though memory lane. Check out the trailer below.





Kick-Ass (release April 16th)

Here is another comicbook adaptation, this one based on the 2008 Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. series of the same name. Frankly while the comic series is all kinds of fun, I'm blown away by how great the trailer looks. I cannot wait for 12-year old Hit-Girl ass kicking action. I cannot wait for some McLovin sidekick action. I cannot for some Nic Cage spandex wearing action. This is a definite must-see. Check out the red-band trailer below.





That's all for this week. I'll have a look at more trailers next Wednesday.

No comments: