Friday, April 2, 2010

Fantastic Short Film Friday - I'm Here
















I'm Here is the new "short" film by Spike Jonze. It debuted at this year's Sundance Film Festival and is about 30 minutes long with daily caps on the number of viewings. Tre exclusive.

I must say I watched this the other night when I was very tired, about to nod off but the story really captured me. It's a world where humans live side by side with robots. And these robots do not look high tech, they actually remind me of the old Apple computers of the 80s. But these robots are oddly human. Cliche yes but the story works. This is a love story of two robots, and one so giving, while the other seems almost destructive. I was so touched by the film and want to sing it's praises to anyone who will listen. Please take the time out and watch.

Here's the trailer if you needed any more enticement:





- Penny

No comments: