Monday, February 22, 2010

What I Think Of: From Paris with Love (2010)


A couple weeks ago, I went to see From Paris with Love, a love story starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers and John Travolta. Wait scratch that. It's not a love story but an action packed adventure. Close enough. I had high hopes since director, Pierre Morel directed the kick-ass movie of 2009, Taken. And for the most part it did meet my expectations in delivering no-nonsense violence, though the story was just mediocre.

John Travolta plays Charlie Wax, James Reece's (Meyers) first/new partner on his first big CIA job. Reece takes his job seriously and excited for the opportunity to do something beyond the menial jobs he's been tasked in the past. Wax, on the other hand, is a wild card and unorthodox but nonetheless, he does get the job done. The story turns and shifts. We think the job is about drug trafficking, but then it turns into terrorism. Yahdah yahdah. Lots of gun fights and ass kicking.

What I really want to talk about is Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Forget the movie, he's great eye candy. And that's enough to keep my attention. He heats up the screen and I'd give anything to be that white v-neck T-shirt. With that said, I'd say this isn't a movie you need to run and go see but a great DVD rental (or purchase for multiple viewings ;)). Here's a trailer for your enjoyment.


-Penny

No comments: