Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trailer Talkback Thursday - John Carter

Welcome to another Trailer Talkback Thursday here at the Cinema Cafe Podcast. Today we look at a trailer which, even though brief, has me personally very excited, Disney's John Carter.



In my household, the name Edgar Rice Burroughs is very well known and the John Carter series is definitely no exception. It's been a while since I've read these, but when I was younger there were always some of my favorite stories to read. So when I heard that Disney & Pixar were going to make a movie based on them, I got excited.

Mind you, I was a little skeptical when I heard Pixar was going to make a live-action version, but judging from the trailer it looks like they've done a good job so far in capturing Barsoom. The trailer itself is pretty well done, both with the excellent sequences and the great choice of music. All I know is that 2012 is shaping up to be one of the best years of cinema I might possibly ever see.

-Greg

No comments: