Saturday, March 28, 2009

What I Think Of: The Time Machine (2002)

Hi everyone. I decided to create a new series of posts called "What I Think Of" that will be reflect my quick thoughts on any random number of movies. Hope everyone enjoys it. To start this new series of: The Time Machine (2002).

I don't get all the hate this remake gets. It's adapted from the classic novel by H.G. Wells and stars Guy Ritchie and Samatha Mumba. Sure Mrs. Mumba is better known for her song, "Gotta Tell You", but I think she played her role admirably. Frankly the visuals are stimply stunning, and yes, the remake does lack some of the naive charm of the original film and book, but that's why I like it so much. The toys and the visuals are a sci-fi geeks dream. Everything bleeds off the screen in wonderful color and art. An interesting fact, the director of the film, Simon Wells, better known as a Dreamworks animator, is the great-grandson of H.G. Wells. Lucky!

No comments: