Friday, March 30, 2012

Fantastic Short Film Friday - Sunshine (live-action)

















And we are back with another installment in our Fantastic Short Film Friday series, as we continue to showcase films released in the "lesser" known form of cinema- the short film.

Okay so I'm still traipsing around Europe, although by the time this comes out I'll be traipsing all the way to the Amsterdam airport. With that said, I wanted to leave our listeners and readers with some more content so again, I'll be keeping this post short and sweet. I love documentaries. Documentaries are probably my favorite form of cinematic entertainment. I also have a background in advertising, so yeah, this short was right up my alley. Here is the 15-minute documentary short Sunshine from filmmaker Doug Nichol.

It's a simple synopsis:

An American advertising producer in Shanghai tries to sell fast food to the Chinese. An endearing portrait of a modern day "Mad Man."

For me, one of the best and fastest ways to understand a culture is watch how they advertise to their own people. Through advertisement you can find out a lot about a culture, about its people and about what they find most important. Its an amazing culture shock for both the advertising exec and the viewer. We need more, "Sunshine!"

Check this out if you enjoy well made documentaries. Check this out if want to see the changing nature of society and culture throughout Shanghai and China. Enjoy this weeks dose of short film goodness with Sunshine.


Sunshine from American Buffalo on Vimeo.

No comments: