Thursday, May 13, 2010

Trailer Talkback: Inception (2010)



The word "obsession" means the domination of one's thoughts and feelings by a persistent idea, image, or desire(cite). Well, the problem I have here is that I have an obsession with the Inception trailer. I first saw this new cut trailer at the Iron Man 2 showing last Friday in IMAX. I was absolutely blown away by the cinematography, the special effects, and the dreamy men involved in the film. Oh and did I mention this is written and directed by Christopher Nolan--you know, the man who did Memento and The Dark Knight.

The idea of Inception is quite interesting--stealing secrets in the dream world and how it's executed is aesthetically mind blowing. Though DiCaprio isn't my favorite actor, I will admit, he's great in these roles. And who else did I see in trailer? Michael Caine (our favorite Alfred--I know I'm lame), Cillian Murphy, Marion Cotillard, Juno (I mean Ellen Page) and my all time favorite JGL. After this excited and nonsensical rambling, I think you can tell that I have absurdly high standards for this film when it comes out in July. I hope it meets all my expectations and more. Now, sit back and enjoy the trailer.

-Penny

No comments: